Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Day 1

For those of you that aren't morning people, you can understand my struggle with getting up at 5:30. My body may move, buy my brain isn't on board. This was how my day started, but I was nonetheless excited to get out to Utah and begin our ministry.

We had planned to meet at 6 and leave shortly after, and ended up leaving at 7:30. Delays tend to be the norm when trying to leave at a particular time. Here's the bummer. I had intended to travel in a Dramamine induced slumber due to the fact that I get terribly car sick. But, as the Lord would have it, Mike's car insurance ran out the previous night and he forgot to renew it. So guess what....I GOT TO DRIVE!! But, I had to drive WHOLE FIRST DAY. We left at 7:30 am and arrived at our first stop at 11:00 pm. Ya, I know. Truly when God blesses you, he pours it out abundantly. God is good and I was blessed.

But wait! I have to tell you how the trip went. We were on the road for an hour when we realized we forgot ALL THE MONEY. It was still in the safe at the church. So we stopped while one car went back to get the money. Good thing the Lord gave us nudge before we had to stop for gas.

Below are some pictures of the first day. We had a great time. God was amazing.

- nathan




1 comment:

Skybob said...

Looks like a fun trip!