Friday, August 15, 2008

Day 16

Today was the last half of our return trip. At about 8:30 there was loud, rough banging on our front door. Mike jumped up and in a half sleep stupor said "What was that?" I said it came from the front door, but he thought it came from the next room, where the girls were. He had told them the previous night that if they were in any trouble, to bang on the wall. So he ran out our room to go see if they were alright. Then our phone staring ringing over and over. I was like, what is going on?

Wonderful Ben. Ben, how I love thee, let me count the ways. Ben, who knocks loud and calls much....Ben brought me a cup of coffee as a peace offering I guess. I just laughed and smiled.

We loaded up all the gear and went to go get gas and breakfast. 16 number 11's at jack in the box was a little much for the work crew, but they pulled it off superbly.

And the rest isn’t really that exciting. We got home at 5, cleaned out the RV, assessed the damage that had been done (sorry Johnsons!!) and waited for all the kids to get picked up. Mike dropped me off at home at 7, and here I am finished up this blog.

I sincerely hope you all have been blessed by the recounting of our trip. I hope you remember to pray for the people in Utah that we had the chance to minister to. Please remember to pray for Boyd and the LDS girl that accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior on our trip. They will need your prayers as they continue to grow in Christ in a very, very dark place.

We thank you for all your prayers. God surely listened and answered in ways you cannot imagine. We learned so much about God, ministry, his timing, and faith. He showed us his power, his might, his enduring love, and protection for his children. I am changed forever. I cannot see my life in California the same. And most importantly...my relationship with God and everyone on the trip has grown in ways I never expected. I love this team with all my heart. And we all love you, the readers, for you support in prayer while we were out, taking the gospel to those who so desperately need it. Thank you.

- nathan

No comments: